Statement of representants of the LGBT queer-network of the Party of the European Left (EL)
On Saturday, October 6th 2007, representatives of the glbt-groups of the French Communist Party (PCF), the Italian Party of the Communist Refoundation (PRC), the Portuguese Left Block (BE) and THE LEFT (DIE LINKE) met in Berlin an agreed on the following issues:
1. We want to start to build the lgbt-Network within the Party of the European Left. For us, social equality and individual freedom are inextricably linked with each other. So we want to work within the EL and as part of the European lgbt movement. As a first step we ask the secretariat of the EL to install a mailing list for all interested activists.
2. We want to strengthen our work within the lgbt-movement at the European level. We will get in contact with an emerging lgbt-network in the Mediterranean region.
3. We want to present our network to the upcoming EL congress in Prague and to ask all member and observer parties to support us in building the network.
4. We want to meet on an annual basis in order to discuss issues like the struggle for equal rights and to plan our work. We propose, that one day before every congress of the EL, there shall be a day of the EL-networks.
5. In 2008 we want to support politically and by our presence the Gay Pride in Warsaw, Poland.
Berlin, October 6th 2007