News archive

News archive

The Party of the European Left (EL) prepares for its 5th Congress, a Congress that will start a new stage in the European party, said its President Pierre Laurent, on July 1st in Paris, at the Council of Chairperson of the parties which compose the EL.

The EL analyses the possibilities of the political and social emergent forces and the reasons and consequences of the European scepticism

On the past 8th of July, an Alternative Summit to the NATO summit took place in Warsaw, with the Party of the European Left (EL) represented by its Vice-President Maite Mola. Under the moto 'No to War - No to Militarism - Yes to Refugees', several speakers took the floor to say no to NATO and express their solidarity with peace and anti-war movements. Maite Mola made an intervention in a public event called 'Peace politics in Europe: For a Europe of peace and social justice, for a common security' and we share here her speech.

European Commissioner for Climate Change and Energy, Miguel Arias Cañete, was this Tuesday at the European Parliaments’ Legal Affairs Committee to answer questions from MEPS regarding the appearance of his wife name in the Panama Papers scandal.

 

El Partido de la Izquierda Europea (PIE) lamenta y rechaza el cobarde ataque terrorista efectuado por el DAESH en una zona comercial del distrito de Karrada en Bagdad, alrededor de la medianoche del sábado 2 de julio de 2016, cuando la gente celebraba la noche Ramadán.

The Party of the European Left (EL) regrets and rejects the coward terrorist attack carried out by DAESH in a commercial area of the district of Karrada in Baghdad, around midnight on Saturday July 2th, when people were celebrating the night of Ramadan.

The Party of the European Left and its Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTiQ) Working Group express their solidarity with the victims of the homophobic attack which took place in Orlando (United States) on the 12th June. 49 people lost their lives at the Pulse Club due to their sexual orientation, in what was clearly a hate crime.

TTIP and CETA are much more than trade agreements.  TTIP is about the way our economies are governed, and the standards, criteria and rules that people in the EU, in the US and globally, live by.  Both agreements have a direct impact on what food we get on our table, what services can be provided by our municipalities, what risk we face as consumers. The CETA agreement is already fully negotiated and will soon be presented to Council. It is intended to pave the way for TTIP.

Ante el atentado terrorista en el aeropuerto de Estambul

 

 

 

The United Kingdom voted this 23rd of June, on referendum, to remain or leave the European Union. The decision to leave the EU gathered 52% against the remaining 48% that choose to stay.

Pages